Remaining Days of Service

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First week in Springdale

(This is a picture of Shannon with Kirk Jones (Ivy's son) who is serving in the same mission. They were at a zone conference.



Hey hey,
Glad to hear from you mommmy, things sound like they're running up the pretty normal creek around there. Everyone busy with school and life is just flying by..

This week was pretty insane for us out this direction got to my new apartment in Springdale and yes it is very close. No its a different zone but I will still see everyone from Little Flock at zone conference cause they combine our two together for that. I was the only elder to leave the home so everyone else is still there and doing the same Little Flock thing. Springdale is an area that has had missionaries but as I entered with my new companion (Elder Jeppeson) and began to look and see what there is to work with I found that they had zero investigators zero referrals zero formers and zero potentials.. so yes I am kinda opening a new area you could say haha. It's been a slow first couple days and hard to find people willing to listen but the lord will provide I know.

I am in the apartment with the Marshaleese Elders so there is four of us again. My companions name is Elder Jeppeson as I already mentioned there are three simple phrases that tell you who and how he is exactly..

tattle tale
brown noser
"I'm the best things god created under the sun" Elder Jeppeson

If you really want to know more just imagine, hehe, but we are working hard and I'm trying my best!

Oh my new addy before I forget is 902 Brookhaven Crt Apt 201
Springdale AR 72764

But yea I did dip into it a bit but I'm kinda lacking in things that are necessary..
like ties, socks, binders and material for teaching, I did not get a gps though I could really use one so my companion and myself would stop getting lost trying to find places and homes...

But I am trying not to spend any more of it they just don't give us enough to eat healthy and get things for the people we are teaching and ourselves but yea oh well that is the mission...

I have been taking pictures but I can't send my cards home because when I do that, I lose all my pictures cause no prints ever get sent back out (wink wink).

Christmas gifts?

Most my clothes are getting to big for me and hopefully that will continue and I am making changes to get better exercise in the mornings too..

Ny watch broke yesterday so I'm out a watch..
Music is always good other then that I'm pretty set I think..

But yeah I best let you go I love you all loads and can't wait to hear from you!

Tyler best write too..


Love and keep on keeping on

Shannon King

No comments: