Remaining Days of Service

Monday, February 2, 2009

Joy beyond compare!

Hey there mom,

Things are still going great out here but first things first right down to business..

One, the Iron Rod will only come again via email if you email the OTM office, so if you want to continue to see that and read it email them and request it. I guess the list before got messed up so they are just going to do a new one and want your response asap....

Next there is a couple of books I would absolutely love if you would be so kind as to reserve them for me and I will repay you for them when I get home. But I was wondering if you could order them for me via eBay and also the order site for two... The first books are written by Cleon Skousen called the Second 2000 years and that set of books. I have the First 2000 Years here, a friend of mine gave to me for being me, which was very nice of him and they are amazing books and would suggest them if!! you feel ready to think deeper and understand a little more. When I finish the first one I will send it to you and dad and would like you both to ready at least the first nine chapters that talk about the creation and Adam and Eve and the Garden while keeping in mind the endowment session its amazing the enlightenment and understanding it brings to it.

Next is the new and old testament Joseph Smith Translations and you can order those on the veritasgroup1.com web site or look up and search for Veritas Group Orem Utah if you could that would be so amazing for me!!!

Well we worked super hard this week and saw tons and tons of miracles!! In fact I worked myself so hard I am now suffering the consequences of getting sick from lack of sleep and just going going going!! But its so worth it to see the people I am growing to love progress, come to church and feel the spirit and truth of the gospel. I know without a doubt that this is a wonderful and marvelous work we are involved in and the joy (not pleasure) but true joy it brings is beyond compare!

There is a lot of work going on here and the mission is changing. I am changing. I have a much greater understanding of the reality and choices we have. For most my life I lived under the assumption that God loves me I'll be fine in just being an okay son but that is not the case. God and Christ expect excellence or at least us striving for excellence and though the atonement was done on our behalf and saves the TRULY repentant it will not suffice the demands of knowing disobedience. We must strive, we must grow and we must be in a constant state of changing for the better. If we can go through a day feeling as though I am the same today as I was yesterday we are not using Christs suffering and agony of the atonement to its fullest potential, and if we don't use it to its fullest then why did he give so much?

Well I know this truly is as the scriptures say "a work" not a vacation but the time for men to prepare (grow,change,and learn how) to meet God in the coming days.

I hope everyone keeps on keeping on. I love you all so much and better be getting some letters soon!! Other then b-day I have got nothing for like 3 weeks from everyone!! whats the dealio?!?!?!

haha I know your all busy with life and understand, no worries just keep being amazing!

Love Shannon

No comments: