Remaining Days of Service

Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Comps OK!

Things are going good here just doing the same ol thing I got to teach fifth Sunday about member missionary work so I'll be sending some stuff home this week for ya'll to look at and a tape home and pictures hopefully so there is some stuff to look forward to this week haha. But this week has been good, was really rainy one day again and then other then that mostly sunny but we got to hear a weather forecast for this week and its supposed to be high 80's and sunny all week so we will see if that's any fun..I expect not with the humidity but that's okay haha sorry about the email to mommy last week I felt bad all week I wanted to just do a better one so I guess this week will have to make up for it hahaha.

This week has been good we got like 2 or three more new investigators and are just running out of time. We can't bike to see everyone we need to in a week so I feel like I am leaving people and it's breaking my heart. I wish I could fly so I could serve so much better and share with so many more people. I feel like because its so hard for us to keep up with who we have, as well as serve the ward and try and find the inactive, less actives and try to bring them back that many are going to start to lose interest and we will lose contact with them soon which is really bad I hate that!
The companions this week are doing good I get along okay with Elder Lelis he is almost to layed back and doesn't care for me; nothing gets him very excited and nothing gets him down.. kinda annoying I dunno how to get him excited about the work again... but I have built a really good bond with Elder Morgan and Elder Wilbur. They are the two Spanish elders who are awesome! I love them we get along really good and have tons of fun together haha. We went and played soccer last night in the back yard (me and Elder Morgan) and also found some Hispanic people who fed us tacos out on the street haha. It was dang good with home made guac mmmm tasty. Other news Elder Lelis fell on his bike into a ditch (haha) on the main highway so he got a few honks, pretty hilarious I think, and also found out that we actually are only getting to about an 1/8 of our area because we can't bike far enough in the day to get to everyone we need to get to.. . we need a car..!

Hope things will turn for us, we could do so much more; feel like I'm only beginning to unlock the potential in the area!

Tell Tyler I said ouch concerning his foot haha.

Well I better get going I hope this letter is long enough for everyone I will try and write those I can this week. I'm loving the letters and hope everyone is lovin them back just keep pumping them out and I will also do my best to pump them back!!

Lots of love from me!!! Shannon King

No comments: